Orbiter V2.0 Extruder (1.75mm)
The Orbiter V2.0 extruder gears are different from the V1.5 gears.
- Shorter drive gears: 11mm vs. 15mm.
- Strand gears hardened
- Weight reduced to 135 grams approx.
- Smaller and more compact dimensions (11.6% shorter).
- The new motor design offers a ~40% increase in pushing force under real print conditions and much better performance under acceleration.
- Reversed Drive Gears - Filament path is closer to the center of the extruder for a more balanced and seamless design.
- Stainless steel filament exit guide with 0.2-0.3mm clearance to drive gears, better TPU impression.
- Extreme resistance to wear when using abrasive filaments.
- Injected housings resistant to high temperatures.
- Machined PEEK secondary drive gear sleeve.
- Tension mechanism with captive grab screw design.
- Mounting screws in line with the filament exit path: improve the rigidity of the housing and facilitate mounting.
- Perfectly aligned filament path.
- New smaller and better PTFE inlet coupler.
- Engine position rotated an additional 10 degrees for ease of maintenance and mounting.
- Addition of filament sensor with automatic loading and unloading button addition function.
- And many more small changes to improve the mechanical precision and appearance of the design.
- Steps: 690 steps/mm at 16 microsteps
- max. instantaneous speed change (jerk): 600 mm/min (RRF), 10 mm/s (Marlin) (recommended 300/5)
- Pressure advance: 0.02~0.03s - to be calibrated
- Retraction: 1~1.5mm - to be calibrated
- Retraction speed: 120mm/s
- Motor current: 1.2A peak or 0.85A RMS (LDO-36STH20-1004AHG)
- Acceleration: 10000mm/s2*
- Normal engine operating temperature: 60-75°C
- The filamentless extruder can withstand acceleration up to 25000mm/s2. Adding the weight of the filament, it is recommended to establish an acceleration limit of no more than 10000 mm/s2.
- Optimized motor: design to maximize its torque in the speed range that the extruder requires.
- The result is an approximate 40% increase in push force under real print conditions.
- Retraction speed up to 120mm/s
- Acceleration up to 3000mm/s2
More info about the product here.
More info about the motor here.