Welcome to the world of FDM 3D printing!
We know that when delving into this exciting field, you can find yourself with a sea of disorganized and confusing information and deciding which 3D printer to buy can be difficult. But don't worry, we are here to help you navigate this ocean of knowledge. In this basic guide, we'll provide you with some key points to consider when choosing an FDM 3D printer, and we'll also introduce you to our 3DSteel V2 printer, which we ticks all the right boxes.
1. Print quality:One of the most important aspects to consider is the print quality offered by the printer. Broadly speaking, what will determine the print quality is a stable structure, a reliable and optimized extruder, and updated and upgradeable electronics and firmware (since the technological world is constantly changing, it is important that it can absorb the improvements that are develop).
2. Print volume:Evaluate your size needs and choose a printer that has a suitable print volume for your projects. Some people may think that bigger is better, but on the contrary, printing large pieces can add difficulties to the printing and learning process. Medium format printers are the most recommended to start with.
3. Reliability and durability:It is essential that the printer is reliable and durable. We all tend to get carried away by the price factor, but we must not forget that we are acquiring a machine, and reduced prices directly equate to reduced quality.
4. Ease of use:If you are a beginner in 3D printing, it is advisable to choose a printer that is easy to use and with good documentation. As we say, it is a machine, it will require some maintenance and change of parts over time, it is important that you learn how it works and that you have access to all the possible spare parts you may need.
5. Technical support and community:The availability of good technical support and an active community of users can make all the difference. That the manufacturer offers adequate technical support and that there are online forums or groups where you can get help and share your experiences is key. Many companies that offer their printers at low prices leave users alone once they receive the printer.
For our part, we design our machines to use them, since they are the ones that make up our 3D printing farm and we are not going to lower production quality or increase maintenance times.
The 3DSteel V2 is the ideal choice for those who want to get started with FDM 3D printing and want optimal results with a versatile printer. With exceptional print quality, reliability, ease of use and after-sales service in Spain, this printer is ready to help you bring your ideas to life. Let's talk about her:
Steel Frame:The best possible structure for a 3D printer, the design of this frame makes assembly as easy as fitting a puzzle.
HTA3D V2 Extruder:All-in-1 extruder that will allow you to print with a multitude of materials: PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, Nylon and different technical materials. It includes everything you need in a very compact size: fuser, layer fan, extruder with dual pulleys, adjustable tensioner and filament presence sensor, with high quality components.
24V Power Supply:That provides us with better performance than the classic 12V ones, all the components will work with better performance and greater power. It includes an internal fan that regulates itself automatically to maintain an optimal temperature.
32-Bit SKR 1.4 or SKR2 board:32-bit processor with plenty of capacity to use all available Marlin functions without memory limitations or processing load. Also, this very reliable board includes a high power mosfet that will not overheat.
TMC2209 UART drivers:It guarantees a smooth, silent and precise movement, in addition to being controlled by Marlin through the LCD.
Magnetic Heated Bed 220x220mm:Very powerful, capable of quickly reaching 120ºC temperature.
Very detailed tutorials:With 3D images, photographs, diagrams and instructions, all broken down step by step, very easy to follow. It is designed so that it can be viewed on a PC, mobile phone or tablet, and can also be printed. And if you have any questions, we are here to help you.
Assembled parts:We ship the extruder fully prepared, the power supply calibrated and ready to assemble and connect, as well as the heated bed and LCD. We have made assembly as simple as possible for users.
If you are interested in seeing more specifications, you can click here.
In addition to having incredible specifications, our printer stands out for offering exceptional technical support, continuous improvements and adaptation of community developments. It is a printer that will never become obsolete if you update it; in fact our oldest printer is 9 years old!
If you have any questions or want more information about the 3DSteel V2, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you every step of the way. Start your 3D printing adventure today with the 3DSteel V2!
Leave a Comment